Thursday, March 27, 2014

Dallas Museum of Art

.



Apologies about this one, but I saw this painting at the Dallas Museum of Art and I forgot to write down the information about this painting.When I saw the painting, I knew it would fit for the perception theme. In the painting there's a young lady sitting next to a bird man (no pun intended) at a party sipping wine. Then there's the photographer capturing the two patrons having a conversation. What really stands out is the confidence that bird man exudes. His posture is straight, and he seems interested in the woman but also photogenic. Now to be fair, he still has the body of a human but I get the sense that he's comfortable for what he is. After reading "The Metamorphosis," I got the sense that Gregor was never a confident man before the transformation. He seemed worrisome and he didn't want to disappoint family.

No comments:

Post a Comment